Tuesday 19 January 2010

Christmas Eve




This Year, just for fun, we celebrated the Swedish Christmas on Christmas Eve. I made some traditional Swedish food (or my version of it!) Janssons Temptation, a breaded ham and red cabbage/lingonberries. I also toasted my good friend Paula with a glass of Glogg and I listened to some CD's she send me earlier in the year for my birthday. My favourite from the selection was Kent, I bought their album Hagnesta Hill http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagnesta_Hill a while back in Stockholm, but you can get their music on amazon too.
I found this recipe for Janssons temptation on a fellow bloggers website: http://annesfood.blogspot.com/2006/02/janssons-temptation.html I used the recipe from my Ikea cook book, which I don't know it its a good or "authentic" version, but it tasted very nice. I have only just found this blog and there are lots of recipes, so well worth a look.

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear Joanne!

    NOW I’m finally back on the internet and blog track!

    You are so cute, I really really like this celebration that you done “over there”, I show my parents the note and they wish you a great New Year and so on.
    Thank you very much and I hope you enjoy to think that you where in Sweden for awhile.

    Take care, keep up the good work and enjoy life!

    I will send you a mail soon and I will return to you by e-mail, now when I can get in contact with the world out there again, by internet, without any problem, I cross my fingers that the intern connection not will be broken again.

    With love and thoughts, kramkram Paula.

    ReplyDelete